Monday, August 20, 2012

Init

I'm so glad I made this investment. It reminds me of how "game changing" the first home PC's were in the early 80's.

We just got our MakerBot Replicator last week, and the whole family is excited to get making things!

We plan to share:

  • A) What this tool can do
  • B) Tricks/tips about using the tool best (what problems we had & solutions we found)
  • C) Photos of our designs
  • Most of this will likely be simple designs, that my kids can build, as they gradually learn CAD & the Makerbot. If/when we get "great" designs going, I'll also upload them to Thingiverse.com, where there's a great & growing catalog of printable designs from a great community of engineers around the world.

    1 comment:

    1. Interesting. I saw this on Colbert a while back. Didn't realize it had something for consumers.

      ReplyDelete